A guided walk through the historic Pale town of Ballymore Eustace with emphasis on the rich medieval history of the town.
Ballymore-Eustace was formerly one of the five great walled towns of the English Pale; it and the surrounding district were in the County Dublin until the year 1839. For centuries no Irishman was allowed to live in this frontier town. On the south-east side adjoining the town is the Garrison Hill commanding all the roads approaching the town. On the opposite side is Close (enclosed) Hill where executions were carried out.