A Divided Shortgrass: Kildare during the Civil War, 1922-1923.
Thursday 4th May at 7pm in Kilcock Community Library – Booking essential!
In this seminar, Local Historian Mick Ó Murchú in the company of fellow Kildare Historians Mario Corrigan, James Durney, and Karel Kiely will discuss:
- The outbreak of Civil War in Kildare
- Political Temperature and Tensions
- Headline incidents across Kildare including a look at the Kilcock area
- The Role of Women
- Free State Executions and ‘Nine Lives’
- The ‘other’ Civil War
- Challenge and Complexity of Commemoration
Motion for Debate:
‘That Kildare was significantly more violent during the Civil War than during the War of Independence’
If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking essential as audience capacity is limited.