Ó’Gramhnaigh Mausoleum in 3D
Text and Model by Orla-Peach Power
The O’Growney Mausaleum, dedicated to the memory of Fr. Eoghan Ó’Gramhnaigh (Eugene O’Growney) from County Meath (1863 – 1899), is located at the College Cemetery, Maynooth. This cemetery was first opened in 1817 and is accessed by a path of arched yew trees.
O’Growney was ordained in 1888, and was appointed professor of Irish at Maynooth in 1891. A founding member of the Gaelic League, O’Growney later became its vice president, retaining this position until he succumbed to TB at the young age of 36.
The mausaleum was designed by W. A. Scott in the style of the small chapel in Glendalough.
NOTE: the download size is 62MB.